According to the public relations of Farabi Cinema Foundation, the National Institution of Iranian Cinema in cooperation with Goharshad International Foundation will hold the " Daughters of Eve Filmmaking Olympiad" in two sections "Idea" and "Film" with the slogan "We stand by the family" from July 9 to 13. It is mainly focused on the need to express the truth and the high position of women in Islamic-Iranian culture, the promotion of women's status in all social, legal, political, and cultural dimensions, and empowering talented girls and filmmakers of Islamic Iran.
The call as mentioned above for the Olympiad includes the age requirements for participating in this artistic event, its various sections, topics, and the way to register. The full text of the call for the "Daughters of Eve Filmmaking Olympiad" is as follows with reference to the address of the secretariat and the timeline of the Olympiad:
Calling for “Daughters of Eve Filmmaking Olympiad”
Farabi Cinema Foundation organizes the "Daughters of Eve Filmmaking Olympiad" in two sections: "Idea" and "Film" with the slogan "We stand by the family".
This filmmaking olympiad takes into account the need of expressing the truth and the high position of women in Islamic-Iranian culture, emphasizes the promotion of women's position in all social, legal, political, cultural, and other dimensions, and empowers talented girls and filmmakers of Islamic Iran.
Age Requirement for Participating in “Daughters of Eve Filmmaking Olympiad”:
Teenagers aged 14 to 19 can participate in the Daughters of Eve Filmmaking Olympiad.
A) The Idea and Character Designing Section
1- "Idea" refers to the initial draft of the script, which defines the main character and conflict, and has a beginning, middle, and end, and it can be written for a feature film, web series, virtual reality, or documentary.
2- The meaning of character designing is the creation of attractive characters that teenagers create based on their creativity and eventually, they will be the subject of writing a script and making a movie.
- Each participant can present a maximum of 2 ideas (plans).
- After being accepted by the selection board, the accepted idea will be made into a short script under the supervision of professors in the training workshop.
- The drafts that are evaluated and accepted in the workshops, will reach the production stage with the support of the secretariat of this edition of the Olympiad and other participating organizations.
- Participants have no limit to creating characters, and the best characters created will be registered to be converted into a written script and made into a film by the Farabi Cinema Foundation.
b) Film Section
- In this section, films with a maximum duration of 5 minutes, which were produced after 2018, are eligible to participate.
- Movies can be in the form of stories, documentaries, animation or stop motion.
- In addition to professional or home cameras, videos can also be produced with a mobile phone (horizontally).
- Selected films in this period will be screened at the International Film Festival for Children and Youth.
- Awards (medals) will be dedicated to the selected films
Note: The winners will benefit from becoming a member of the Farabi Children and Youth Cinema Club.
Making a film or writing an idea, centered on "We stand by the family", can be based on one of the following topics:
- My hero father...
- I learned from my mother...
- My sister is my best friend...
- My brother, my brave friend...
- A land called home...
Registration & Submission:
- To register, go to the address https://yfo.icff.ir and complete the form from the registration section.
- The registration link can also be found on the Farabi Cinema Foundation website "www.fcf.ir" and the Children's Festival website "www.icff.ir".
- It is emphasized, first, save the file under your name in English and then upload it to the system.
- If it is not possible to send the work online, copy the work on a DVD and write the name and surname, the name of the work, and the registration code generated by the website on the DVD and send it to the secretariat of "Daughters of Eve Filmmaking Olympiad".
- The DVD must reach the secretariat before the deadline.
Start of registration and submission of works: June 11, 2023
Deadline for registration and submission of works: June 20, 2023
Announcement of accepted candidates: June 27, 2023
Date of holding the Olympiad: July 9 to 13, 2023
Registration site: https://portal.icff.ir
News site: https://yfo.icff.ir
Instagram page: olymp.film.fe
Address: Building No.3 of Farabi Cinema Foundation, LanKaran Alley., Tavanir Sq, Vali-asr Ave., Tehran, Iran.
Postal Code: 14348-43619
Phone: +98 21 88194233-88194257